Presenter - Mr. Casper Chang-kan, CEO Decision Group Inc. Taiwan
Casper Chang-kan established Decision Computer in 1986 (later to become Decision Group Inc.). At the early stage of
Decision, it produced PC board, components and OEM assembling. Owing to
the production technology became more mature with stable working
capitals, Decision stepped into 286 motherboard production. At that time,
there were only 5 manufacturers of 286 motherboard in Taiwan. After 1 year
selling & producing, Decision understood that the market will eventually become low
profit with high competition. Therefore, Decision decided to produce
PC-Based Multi-port RS232/422/485 Serial Cards, Data Acquisition and Measurement Products and Industrial Automation & Control, those are with
higher profits by specific technology know-how. Decision developed its own
driver & software program to distinguish other competitors, in order to get
higher market share and profit.
Since 1993, Decision co-founded with long-term cooperation foreign
distributors to incorporate a holding multi-national company:
вЂњDecision-Computer International Co., LtdвЂќ. Decision officially stepped into
transnational company management.
OEM and serial cards have been gradually replaced by advanced & matured
PC, and threatened by the growing PC industry neighbors.
At this point, Decision decided
to turn into the development & research of cyber forensics, digital property
reservation, and successfully developed the series of network packet
E-Detective Series of Products:
- LAN/Ethernet Legal Interception System,
- Wireless-Detective System-WLAN Legal Interception System,
- HTTPS/SSL Network Packet Forensics Device,
- VOIP-Detective and others
Decision has become a leading network forensics software provider in the
world, and works with Taiwan Police Agency, Crime Investigation Agency to
devote DecisionвЂ™s digital forensics technology in social security and cybercrime investigation.
- 1984 in Taiwan Casper wrote the first LAN cardвЂ™s BIOS firmware (for Apple II
computer with 6502-8 bit CPU)
- 1987 : Established Decision Group. 29 years of computer industry experience in RD, manufacture, sales & Marketing.
- 2000 : Decision developed the first wired network packet forensics
Equipment in Asia.
- 2002: Decision developed the first wireless network packet forensics Equipment in Asia
- 2004 : Participated with Research Development & Evaluation
Commission (RDEC) to formulate Taiwan R.O.C network security
standards of wired & wireless.
- 2006: Participated in Coast Guard Administration to formulate the
SOP of digital forensics.
- 2007 : Participated to compile the teaching materials about wired & wireless network packet forensics in Taiwan Central Police University
- 2008 : Participated with RDEC to formulate the security standards of
wired& wireless network equipments for government organization.
- 2009 : Started the unique training course: Network Forensics Analysis
Training Program (NPFAT) in the world. Two training courses had
already held in Turkey and Taiwan Central Police University in June &
Workshop: Mr. Casper Chang will present a unique and highly advanced workshop on network forensics which will not only provide attendees with an insight into the important subject of network packet analysis and reconstruction, but also will provide attendees with an extremely detailed training manual free of charge with many additional advanced topics.